My Shopping List
Skillet Chili Two-Way Topper
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 20 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 lb. ground beef
+ 1-1/2 c. chopped onion (about 1 medium)
+ 1 Tbsp. chili powder
+ 1 jar (16 oz.) thick-and-chunky salsa
+ 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes with mild green chiles, undrained
What to do:
1. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef and onion; cook 8 to 10 min. breaking into small crumbles and stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings.
2. Add chili powder; cook and stir 1 min. Stir in salsa and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 min. or until liquid is evaporated, stirring occasionally.
3. Follow one of these delicious ideas. Spoon chili over baked potatoes; top with shredded cheese and dairy sour cream. Serve on grilled or sautéed polenta squares; sprinkle with chopped fresh cilantro. For nachos, spoon onto tortilla chips, top with diced avocado, shredded cheese and sliced olives; heat in oven or microwave to melt cheese. Roll up in flour tortillas with your favorite burrito toppings. For beefy quesadillas, spoon onto one side of flour tortillas, sprinkle with shredded Mexican cheese blend; fold tortillas over filling and heat in oven or on griddle to melt cheese.
* Nutrition information is per serving, using 96% lean ground beef and does not include chips/tortillas.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
Calories: 213; Total Fat: 4g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 65mg; Total Carbs: 17g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 28g; Sodium: 1020mg;